Instagram is undoubtedly one of the most used applications on my phone. For me, it is not just a source of inspiration of lifestyle, fashion, and beauty, but also a place where I can discover magical places in Amsterdam. From restaurants and cafés to museum and parks, little streets, bookstores, and even more. I can not get enough! Two years ago, I finally decided to move to Amsterdam. Although I have seen so much of the city, it is still just a fraction of what the city has to offer. There are still many places I would like to visit. The next one on my list is the photography museum FOAM on the Keizersgracht. Before I let you all see my top five favorite Instagram accounts, I would like to share some remarkable facts about Amsterdam to you.
- Amsterdam has more canals than Venice: 165 to be precise.
- There are more than 1281 bridges. This is four times more than Venice;
- There are more bicycles than residents! In total, Amsterdam has 821.702 residents, and 881.000 bikes;
- In total, there are more than 400km of bike lanes;
- It is the city with the highest amount of nationalities in the world. There are no less than 178 different nationalities living in Amsterdam;
- The canals are home to no less than 2500 house boats;
- Every year, Amsterdam is visited by more than 20 million tourists;
- The smallest house in Europe is in Amsterdam. It is located on the Oude Hoogstraat 22. The house has a width of 2.02 meters.
You are probably surprised by aforementioned facts, right? If you would like to get to know Amsterdam even better, be sure to check out my five favorite Instagram accounts which regularly post photos of this enchanting city.
1. Amsterdam World check account hier
2. Gotta Love Amsterdam check account hier
3. Amsterdam check account hier
4. Amsterdam City Guide check account hier
5. yourlbb check account hier